What is asbestos? And why is it dangerous? | Asbestos Awareness | iHASCO

As we briefly touched upon a moment ago, asbestos is a naturally occurring fibrous mineral and there’s plenty of it. It can be found in up to two-thirds of the earth’s crust. For many years it was used in around three thousand different construct and constructing makes. It’s also been used as a formation of insulation, for corrosion shelter, for fire protection and even sound proofing for its ability to absorb phone. Asbestos is water resistant, heat resistant and non-flammable. It’s chemically inert implying it doesn’t react with chemicals.It’s strong – when it’s tense asbestos canbe stronger than steel. It’s adaptable it can be spun and woven like cotton and it’s resilient – it can survive for years. Asbestos has no smell and no peril image and if it’s left untouched it isn’t hazardous. But when it’s managed, broken down, drilled or cut in any way it can release tiny fibers into the air and that’s when it becomes a risk to health. When they are breathed in the majority of these fibers will stick to the mucous tissues in the snout and throat and they will naturally work their way out.But some fibers will make it all the wayinto someone’s lungs, where their mold and resistance to chemical reaction, utters them nearly impossible for the human body to get rid of. These fibers can cause serious sickness and fatalities anywhere between 10 and 50 times after they’ve seen it into the lungs.

Articles

As found on YouTube

Book Now For Asbestos Test In Newcastle